North Kingstown Real Estate Attorneys – Callaghan & Callaghan
The North Kingstown real estate attorneys at Callaghan & Callaghan have decades of experience. We can provide expert advice on any local or statewide real estate question. Matthew F. Callaghan, Jr. has been advising clients on real estate transactions in town since 1974.
Callaghan & Callaghan’s clients benefit from our advice on a wide array of real estate transactions and issues. We have helped clients resolve matters across North Kingstown. Our problem solving advice has included but is not limited to the following concerns:
- Property Management
- Boundary Disputes
- Title Defects
- Title Disputes
- Landlord – Tenant Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Homeowners Associations
Our attorneys are also are experts in zoning and planning matters. Through years of experience our attorneys have established a comprehensive and practical approach to every real estate, zoning, and planning project. We have advised generations of local families, businesses, and corporations. Our clients have been successful many times over before the North Kingstown Zoning Board of Review and the North Kingstown Planning Commission.
Callaghan & Callaghan has the essential experience and knowledge to win approval for any land use case – including variances, subdivisions, and small and large scale commercial, residential, or mixed-use land development projects. Callaghan & Callaghan’s proven strategies have successfully navigated the pre-application, application, and hearing process.North Kingstown Planning Commission
In North Kingstown, the Planning Commission meets on the first and third Tuesday of every month. The Planning Commission’s powers and duties include:
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the Town Council on proposed Zoning Ordinance and zoning map amendments
- Hearing and deciding on applications for site plan approval where Planning Commission approval is required;
- Authorizing upon application the following: planned business district site plan, site plan, multifamily development, planned village district development, planned unit development, cluster development and residential compound development; and
- Reviewing and making recommendations on zoning board applications of special use permits and variances upon request from the director or the zoning board of review.
Callaghan & Callaghan has successfully advocated for clients before the Planning Commission for many years. We devise a strategy for each applicant and utilize a practical approach combined with technical expertise.North Kingstown Zoning Board of Review
In North Kingstown, the Zoning Board of Review carries a wide range of authority and responsibility including:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative officer or agency.
- Hear and decide appeals from a party aggrieved by a decision of the Historic District Commission, pursuant to section 21-338.
- Hear and decide appeals where the Zoning Board of Review is appointed as the board of appeals for airport zoning regulation pursuant to R.I.G.L. 1956, § 1-3-19.
- Authorize, upon application, in specific cases of hardship, variances in the application of the terms of the Zoning Ordinance pursuant to Section 21-14.
- Authorize, upon application, in specific cases, special use permits, pursuant to Section 21-15, where the Zoning Board of Review is designated as a permit authority for special use permits.
- Refer matters to the Planning Commission, or other boards or agencies in the Town, as the Zoning Board of Review may deem appropriate, for findings and recommendations.
- Provide for issuance of conditional zoning approvals where a proposed application would otherwise be approved except when one or more state or federal agency approvals, which are necessary, are pending. A conditional zoning approval shall be revoked when any necessary state or federal agency approvals are not received within a specified period of time.
- Hear and decide such other matters, according to the terms of the Zoning Ordinance or other statutes, and upon which the board may be authorized to pass under the Zoning Ordinance or other statutes.
Callaghan & Callaghan appears before the Zoning Board of Review on a regular basis. Our clients have benefited from our strategic approach and advocacy many times through the years.
Call the North Kingstown real estate attorneys at Callaghan & Callaghan for advice on any transaction, question, or matter. We can help resolve any legal real estate issue that arises. Call our office at (401) 294-4555 or visit us at 3 Brown Street, Wickford, RI.